Bullying or Ragging could lead to deep mental depression ! Here are some snippets from a few online references (verbatim) to understand the lesser spoken evil :
What is Ragging ?
What is Ragging ?
Bullying in Resindential Schools
- Playing practical jokes on somebody, teasing someone" is how the dictionary defines it. But in the Indian context, it meaning is somewhat different, somewhat more inhuman.
Bullying a school teachers' perspective
- In my opinion, bullying in boarding residential schools are far far worse than the ragging that happens in colleges. Ragging lasts for a few weeks or at most a few months and ends with the “freshers night”, while bullying leads to juniors living under fear for years and then waiting for their turn to become seniors so that they can find their “slaves”. Further the victims of bullying are often younger in age too.
- The role of parents, therefore, has to be seriously evaluated. What kind of role-models are they at home? What is their reaction when their children do something horribly wrong? My own experience tells me that many parents when confronted with something wicked their child has done, just go into denial, or worse, into outright aggression.
My 2 Cents
- The biggest challenge for schools is to provide an atmosphere that is free of fear. They must create an ethos and an environment where the persecuted can speak out. A clear message must go out that certain forms of behaviour are just not acceptable. There will be times when harsh decisions will have to be taken. In our country there will inevitably be pressures political, bureaucratic and others but an institution has to stand firm.
- I've seen and experienced both ragging in a boarding school as well as at college.
- Bullying at the school hostel has been by far a more harrowing experience, since you tend to live in the same dorm room as your tormentors and don't want to rub them the wrong way.
- You may have to compromise talking to any of the authorities if you want peace for the rest of the term. If it does not bother you, go all out to the house master.
- There are many opportunities / activities at school that can help earn the respect of your seniors. Take up something you can excel at and keep improving yourself.
- Being a honor student helps keeping these tormentors at bay.
- Sports is another miracle worker (never excelled at any myself), but I've analyzed others who have broken the victim mold by re-inventing themselves.
- At college, I've been able to escape the cycle of living in the same hostel or environment as the rag-pickers. In fact I've even had the choice of calling the cops without attracting attention.
- A tougher nut than ragging at school, since there is a more hardened group that's out for blood.
- Keep your cool and also assert your limits to keep the fun at a mature level.
- Band up with your brothers at class as much as possible to ensure you have backup when required.
- Keep your cool and try to escalate your woes to the ragging cell on campus.
- Focus on your studies and the career you want. Form a support group with good friends to help overcome any depression.
- Most important talk openly with someone who knows you well - parents / siblings / friends / teachers ...
How to play Baccarat on a Casino | WorrioneReplyDelete
If the player's hands are 바카라 the same size as the dealer's hand size, the hand of 바카라 the dealer's hand will determine the choegocasino total amount of